Drive Traffic to Your Frozen Yogurt Store with Marketing
“You can have the best product or service in the world, but if people don’t buy – it’s worthless.” Noel Peebles, Marketing Expert
I would add to this quote that if people don’t know about it – it’s worthless.
With the increasing competition in the frozen yogurt industry and stores popping up on every corner, you have to make consumers aware of your shop. Each community is different and some marketing tactics will work in some areas and others will not. The key is to try different things and find what works for you. And remember that what worked yesterday, might not work tomorrow.
The only limit to your marketing is your own creativity. Some ideas can be expensive, but there are plenty that are not.
Here are some ideas we’ve gathered from our customers.
- Cross marketing with local businesses. Network with gyms and other retails to place coupons or signs in their shop. Host theme nights. Create nights for special interest groups – like book clubs, girls night out, religious study groups, singles groups, etc.
- School fundraisers with your local elementary school.
- Coupon mailers.
- Daily deal websites. Living Social, Groupon, AmazonLocal, or Google Deals.
- Create a flavor contest. Have people submit their ideas for a flavor via Facebook and in store. Pick three finalists and put their flavors in your machines for one week – with their photo and name above the machine with their flavor. Keep track of how many ounces of each flavor is consumed to determine the winner. This will create a buzz and cause the finalist to get friends and family to come eat their flavor.
- Group contests. Similar to the Create a Flavor contest above, but have groups compete against each other. This can be especially effective with sororities. The winning can get a donation to the charity of their choice.
- Street marketing. A sign holder or a person in a frozen yogurt costume can draw attention to your shop.
- Sponsor or advertise at local races. Just about every community has 5K, 10K, triathlons, and other races throughout the year. There are many options for advertising, including dropping coupons into the bag each racer gets.
- Social marketing. Leverage Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites. There are many creative contests and games you can do combine social media with in-store interaction.
- Online marketing. Create a free Google Places account, as well as other online directory listings. Google AdWords or Facebook advertising can also be effective.
- Loyalty programs. Tools like Perka can help you put together customer loyalty programs and punch card systems.
We’d love to hear your ideas. Email us at email@example.com