Nutrition Facts for Nanci’s Mixes
Visit our Nutrition Facts page for full nutritional info and ingredients.
Our culture goes a long way…
Nanci’s Frozen Yogurt contains PowerPro Active Cultures. Yogurt cultures (probiotics) may have numerous advantages for the body when consumed as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, including:
Active cultures contained in PowerPro:
- l. acidophilus
- l. bulgaricus
- s. thermophilus
- b. coagulans
Nanci’s mixes use encapsulated yogurt cultures, which have been shown to deliver ten times the number of live cells than other probiotics. It stores safely at room temperature, and even hotter, and only becomes active when it is reconstituted with water. In fact, it only activates fully once it enters your body.
In addition to containing probiotics, here are other health benefits of Nanci’s mixes:
- Non fat/low fat
- Low calorie
- Gluten free
- Premium, high-quality ingredients
- Low glycemic index
Pure Crystalline Fructose – Nature’s Sweetener
Fructose is the natural sweetener found in fruits and berries.
Not only does fructose enhance fruit flavors and provide a clean, sweet taste but it also offers multiple health benefits.
- 75% sweeter than sucrose (table sugar) so we can use less, reducing calories and carbohydrates.
- Low glycemic index (only 20) increases endurance and reduces fat storage – ideal for dieters!
- Requires less insulin for digestion than table sugar or honey. Because of its unique metabolic qualities, many people with sugar-related problems can enjoy fructose. (If you are sugar-sensitive, check with your physician to see if you can eat pure fructose-sweetened products.)
- No sugar spikes. Pure crystalline fructose does not cause a significant rise in blood sugar or insulin. It provides a steadier supply of blood sugar and helps the energy stored in the muscles last longer. See graph below.
Check out our blog article on fructose and muscle glycogen.
Visit our Resources page to download a poster that compares the various sweeteners and highlights the health benefits of fructose and stevia.
Pure Fructose is NOT the same thing as High Fructose Corn Syrup
The public, the media and even some nutritionists have confused pure crystalline fructose with high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). They are not the same product. While most would correctly expect that pure crystalline fructose contains fructose alone, many are surprised to learn that HFCS contains nearly equal amounts of glucose and fructose (similar to sucrose). This difference in composition is nutritionally significant.
Stevia – the Ideal “Zero Impact” Sweetener
For many people with diabetes who can’t handle sugar, stevia (pronounced either ‘stee-vee-a’ or ‘steh-vee-a’) is an excellent option. It is an herb from South America that has been used as a natural sweetener for centuries. The leaves of the Stevia plant have a clean refreshing taste and have zero calories, zero glycemic index, and zero carbs. And it’s 300 times sweeter than sugar, so you can use very little of it. And best of all, it is natural!